Become A Leader By Acting Like A Leader
Posted on January 30th, 2017 by The DSWA
Do you want to be a leader in the direct sales business (or any business)?
Well, act like one before you are one.
You can do all the obvious and correct things – find the right product line, begin a marketing campaign, promote yourself, network, and start making money.
However, to accelerate your success in the direct sales business and achieve a respected position of leadership you need to act like a leader before you are a leader.
Training For Leadership
Training for direct sales business leadership roles start the day you sign up to be a consultant. Even if you are starting out in the business and have no experience, it is essential to act like a leader in order to become a leader.
6 Ways To Act Like Leader To Become A Leader
- Act with integrity. A true leader practices the principle they preach, tells the truth, deals with business matters in an honest way, and treats people with respect and dignity. At all times!
- Communicate clearly. Leaders are precise and exact with their communication. To get subordinates, co-workers, business associates, team members, and partners to carry out a plan, promotion, or a business deal, clear communication is a vital key to success.
- Be approachable. Leaders often have an aura about them, but that aura cannot be an impenetrable wall that prevents others from initiating contact. You may be viewed as a competent business person, but if you are not approachable, others will not view you as a leader.
- Be a “mover and shaker.” Leaders move through relationships of every type in a comfortable manner and shake their share of hands. Being a “mover and shaker” means you are comfortable with people and adaptable to many different situations.
- Have confidence but stay humble. Having supreme confidence in your ability to promote and sell yourself and your products is essential to your business success. However, this confidence must not be cockiness or arrogance. Mixing your confidence with a humble attitude is an important quality of most successful leaders.
- Stress cooperation instead of coercion. As a leader, you are often placed into positions of power, but power should not lead to abuse. A true leader learns to practice cooperation and negotiation, instead of coercion and being pushy.
Good direct sales leaders act like a professional long before they are a leader.
To achieve respect as a leader, you must act like a leader. Remember, acting like a leader before becoming a leader is the only way to truly be a leader.
Sign Up for the DSWA Newsletter